Prof. Oswald Mathias Ungers
O.M. Ungers (1926-2007) studied architecture under Egon Eiermann at the university of Karlsruhe. In 1950 he founded his own office in Cologne. Later offices in Frankfurt, Berlin and Karlsruhe were added. The main emphasis of his work were national und international architectural competitions.
Various teaching assignments e.g. at the TU Berlin, Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, University of California, Los Angeles, university for applied arts, Vienna, arts college Düsseldorf and many others.
Ungers was seeking in his buildings a corresponding contemporary impression of human rules.
- Großer BDA-Preis
- BDA-Preis Bremen
- Grosses Verdienstkreuz des Verdienstordens of the Fedral Republic of Germany
- Großer DAI-Preis
- Biennale Venedig
- XVII. Triennale di Milano "Le Affinitá Elettive"
- Triennale di Milano "The imagined cities:
an Italian voyage. Nine projects for nine cities"
- Internationale Bauausstellung, Tokyo
- O.M. Ungers - Kubus - Galerie Max Hetzler, Cologne
- O.M. Ungers - Architekt – Kunsthalle, Hamburg
- O.M. Ungers Retrospektive Vicenza, Italy
- Zwischenräume. Kunsthalle, Düsseldorf
- Zeiträume - Architektur - Kontext, Josef-Haubrich Kunsthalle, Cologne